Battery Box Covers

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
mtrojahn

Battery Box Covers

Post by mtrojahn »

'68 Battery Box Cover

I got my "new-to-me" commercial vacuum former installed and setup today and couldn't wait to try something out. So this is my first proptype of the battery box cover I plan on producing. I will use this one to tighten up the dimensions of my mold for a perfect fit. I used a thin pvc for this one, so it's a little flimsy. Not sure as yet what other year Avions this will fit, but can most likely will make them for other years.

In addition to the battery box cover, my plan is to make various items that are no longer available.such as some vent covers, fan garnishes, complete battery boxes, light covers, just for starters. Open to suggestions.

I would like to be a little more creative also. For instance, if I had an AVION badge like the one on the front and back of my '68 A-25, without taking mine off, I could incorporate that into the top of the battery box cover, I have ability to make custom 3D signs also.

In case you are wondering, I have not figured out pricing on this or when I will actuality be ready to take and fill orders. But soon. Stay tuned (Sorry, my photos are to large to post)
Mike Trojahn
'68 A-25
Razorback

Re: Battery Box Covers

Post by Razorback »

This sounds very interesting, and I will be glad to hear about your progress.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

That's incredible! Look forward to seeing your progress!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
RISK

Post by RISK »

Oh boy, do I have some ideas for you.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)