Rubber moulding around windows

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
KYAvion
Site Admin

Rubber moulding around windows

Post by KYAvion »

So I'm driving down the road and see something flapping around-- it's the rubber moulding that goes around the bathroom window! I can easily push the moulding back in place, but do people use some kind of adhesive to help keep it in place?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Rubber moulding around windows

Post by Razorback »

Is that the screw cover? Or the glazing around the window panes?

Either way, they should stay in place by themselves. Maybe, like mine, it is time to consider replacing. Mine isn't coming loose.... it has shrunk and has gaps that I don't like seeing.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

It's the rubber moulding that goes over the screws, so I guess it's the screw cover. The moulding seems pliable and doesn't seem dry at all, so I'm not sure why it would have popped out. I've noticed on some windows the corners come out (maybe expansion/contraction with temp changes), and I can just push them back into place.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DenisB

Post by DenisB »

The glazing that goes around the windows is available from Interstate RV Metal & Supply. We have a 1975 28' LaGrand and used part # 009-344. It fit the side and rear windows perfectly but the front curved glass was a problem as the sealing mastic has allowed the glass to "shift" a bit after 42 years. We have lived in SW Florida for the last seven years and the heat caused the mastic to get a bit soft. We will be taking the coach up to Cayo Repair in Michigan in November and Chuck Cayo is going to re-set the glass with an automotive type sealant. He told me that is what trailers that are exposed to high heat and humidity such as in Florida need to keep the glass stable. I ordered enough new glazing so he can complete the job.
quartzsitebruce

Post by quartzsitebruce »

I am trying to find the screw cover for the Hehr windows. What I have found online is consistently part numbered 009-042. Here is photo fromhttps://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=303
h009-042-2.jpg
h009-042-2.jpg (16.81 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
Hehr 3/4" Radius Screw Cover
Model Number: H009-042
Price $3.00

Is this correct?
Proud owner of a 1987 34V, towed by a 2015 Chevy 2500HD Extra cab. Some work to "make it my own", but up for the challenges!
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Sadly, I haven't gotten around to this yet. I think you have the correct part number for the screw cover though. Check out the pic that this post takes you to.... price may be cheaper too. At the time it was $.98 per foot.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=491
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R