Removing stickers

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Rostam

Removing stickers

Post by Rostam »

Hi folks,

I am trying to remove the Travelcade stickers and numbers from the shell (they were in really bad shape). I used a heat gun and a flexible putty knife and got the plastic off. But there is a residue left. I used acetone and it helped get the residue off, but it takes a LOT of effort. I was wondering if there is a better solvent to use here.

Thanks!
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Becky B.

Re: Removing stickers

Post by Becky B. »

Rostam wrote:Hi folks,

I am trying to remove the Travelcade stickers and numbers from the shell (they were in really bad shape). I used a heat gun and a flexible putty knife and got the plastic off. But there is a residue left. I used acetone and it helped get the residue off, but it takes a LOT of effort. I was wondering if there is a better solvent to use here.

Thanks!
I just did that chore yesterday. I removed the residue with some Kleen Strip stripper & a very fine 0000 steel wool pad. Followed that up with mineral spirits on a rag to clean up any residue from the steel wool or stripper. Clean as a whistle! I can also recommend Heavy Duty Adhesive Stripper that can be found at Menard's. I used that on the blue stripe residue around the middle of my trailer. It took several coats, but it worked. I used a green scrubby pad for that. Either method will work.
Rostam

Re: Removing stickers

Post by Rostam »

Thanks a lot Becky! I'll buy the parts tomorrow.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5