Penetrol

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
KYAvion
Site Admin

Penetrol

Post by KYAvion »

So I did a full wipe down with Penetrol and overall it looks pretty good. I did run into some trouble though, which I believe came from applying too heavy in some spots. The Penetrol dried a whitish color on the front and end caps, as well as the curved area above the awnings on the driver's sides. A kitchen "dobe" sponge did the trick for removal, but it took a lot of elbow grease to get it done. All the vertical surfaces came out fine, with the exception of some wipe marks if you look real closely at just the right angle.

Next time around I'll do more of a wipe on/wipe off, especially on the end caps and upper curved parts. I suspect doing a couple thinner applications would prevent the wipe marks as well.

Nralifer-- the wipe marks are barely noticeably unless standing at the right angle, so I can live with it if need be. However, do you have any suggestions on how to even it out?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Penetrol

Post by Razorback »

Would a fresh bit of Penetrol on a rag cut through it?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Penetrol

Post by KYAvion »

I tried that on the areas that dried white and it didn't help. Mineral spirits didn't help either. The "dobie" sponge, a little water, and lots of elbow grease was the only thing that did the trick.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R