Reflectors on side of late 70's Avion

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Nole75

Reflectors on side of late 70's Avion

Post by Nole75 »

I have a question about the reflectors found on the outside of our trailers. I'm looking at the ones on the bottom of the trailer, about a foot from back and front sides. Are these powered or are they merely reflectors? If reflectors they need replacing, if they are lights they need to be fixed/replaced to working order. As they have rivets holding them in place I didn't want to take them apart not knowing what to replace them with. Anyway, I'm also going to replace the running lights with LED's. I saw a new Airstream with the lED's last week in the middle of the day with his running lights on an it really looked good. (the lights). Any recommendations as to replacements? Also what about replacing the tail lights? Id like to get this done soon before we find somewhere to go in July. Thanks for the help,
Razorback

Re: Reflectors on side of late 70's Avion

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Nole75. I would love to try to help you figure this out, but I don't have a late 70's Avion to look at. However, I am betting that the side markers you mention are simply reflectors.

Do you have pictures and/or dimensions of the reflectors? And, can you see any manufacturer name and/or model information on the tail lights? I know they are different from the ones that we have on our 1987 34W, and I am sure I have seen replacements for them before.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Nole75

Post by Nole75 »

Ill look at mine today. I agree I think they are just that, reflectors. They do however need to be replaced as they are rough looking. Thanks for the info.
JonMI68

Post by JonMI68 »

Not sure if you have found them yet. My 1979 30R Has Grote 9007 Reflectors in that location.
They are still available at Walmart.
1968 SS-19
1979 30R
Nole75

Post by Nole75 »

I ended up ordering them from Vintage Trailer Supply. Great price and cheap shipping cost. Now I'm on to replacing the running lights on top.