Tankless water heater

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
Moby

Tankless water heater

Post by Moby »

Anyone install a tankless water heater in their Avion? I currently have Atwood 6 Gallon water heater but wife wants to be able to take a longer shower. I am looking at PrecisionTemp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater. Little pricey but worth it if I can convince my wife to go camping more.

Ken
1984 34V
russedgar

Re: Tankless water heater

Post by russedgar »

Moby,

This is the best tankless set up I have ever seen.
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstrea ... ater#p1158

I am planning on something like this, but not this actual brand. The brand is cheap in cost and has bad reviews.

I will use a T-KJr2-OS Takagi Tankless Water Heater, Outdoor (Propane)

I am leaning toward making my install a temp install and disconnecting and storing the unit when I travel.

Best regards,

Russell
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
http://edgarranch.com/rv198430R.html
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Moby wrote:Anyone install a tankless water heater in their Avion? I currently have Atwood 6 Gallon water heater but wife wants to be able to take a longer shower. I am looking at PrecisionTemp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater. Little pricey but worth it if I can convince my wife to go camping more.

Ken
1984 34V
I purchased an Atwood OD50 tankless water heater and will install it in our '88 30P next week. It is designed to fit within the envelope of the existing 6-gallon water heater. It is rated at 50,000 btu input and has electronic ignition. I paid roughly $700 for it through Adventurerv.net.

I chose a tankless water heater because we plan on using the trailer for extended stay when we move. I chose the Atwood for price point and a recommendation of my son-in-law; most websites want upwards of $950-$1200 for the Atwood.

The best rv tankless water heater appears to be the Truma. It is made in Germany and uses a completely different means of activation. For retrofit, it is dealer-installed only. I saw one post that spent $3000.

I'm replacing the plumbing and pump system along with tank. Atwood says high system restrictions and low pump output can affect the water heater's function.

I'm not sure the Atwood tankless model can be used in tandem with a holding tank. I don't have the room anyway.

Bob
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DAB

Post by DAB »

We installed a PrecisionTemp RV-550 last year on the Tiny House that we built. It was the NSP version that vents through the floor, not the wall. It works well, have been happy with it.