Re: Mini Split air conditioner

Post by KYAvion »

Pics?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

russedgar wrote:I am considering the following and would like some comments.

Pull existing air conditioner and put a top end Fan-Tastic Vent fan in the hole.

Install a 12,000 BTU mini split air conditioner on the tongue and put the inside unit on the cabinets where the radio , etc are.

Move the batteries to under the bed and close to the breaker box.

Best regards,

Russ
My understanding is that its not safe to move the batteries inside as they may emit poisonous gas when over charged, etc.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

Rostam, you are correct unless the batteries are vented.

However, we have decided to go with four Crown 6CRV220 batteries. They are AGM and require no venting.

Best regards,

Russ
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
http://edgarranch.com/rv198430R.html
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

russedgar wrote:Rostam, you are correct unless the batteries are vented.

However, we have decided to go with four Crown 6CRV220 batteries. They are AGM and require no venting.

Best regards,

Russ
Good to know. Thanks.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
mtrojahn

Post by mtrojahn »

I had posted videos of my mini-split install on the FB group "Avion Travel Trailer Owners Club" This forum will not let me post video to this site. If you go to that FB group and search for "mini-split last installment" you will able to view the four videos there. I tried to explain why I did what I did and in the last video, what I plan on doing to improve on the installation before next season.

We were out four times this summer and the mini-split worked great...and quietly. Two of those times, temps were in the high 90s with very high humidity. As I explain in the forth video, I plan on moving the condenser to the tongue, doing away with the gas tanks (did I mention this unit is also a heat pump?), and mounting the inside head on the front overhead cabinet for better air distribution. Also plan on removing the the no-longer-needed gas furnace along with its antiquated looking roof stack. Should you not be able to view these, I would be happy to email them. Let me know.
Mike Trojahn
'68 A-25