Winegard Rayzar Automatic antenna

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
Razorback

Winegard Rayzar Automatic antenna

Post by Razorback »

Currently, our 1987 34W has no working TV antenna. What it does have is the remnants of the original Braund antenna that came with the trailer, missing the mast. The base on the roof and all of the inside pieces are there, and it all appears to work when the buttons are pushed.

I am in no rush to get a new antenna, as we don't seem to miss having a TV. However, I would like to have a working "free" TV system. I like the relatively new Winegard Rayzar Automatic antenna and can visualize the installation. I would imagine that I would locate the Rayzar in a different location compared to the original (for best reception), maybe somewhere ahead of the roof air conditioner, closer to the front roof vent.

Looking for input from folks who might have installed and used one of these. Also have considered the King antenna, and have seen one of those adapted to mount to the original Braund base..... so that looks like a good option.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Winegard Rayzar Automatic antenna

Post by KYAvion »

From what I've read on Airforums, consensus seems to be that the Winegard with wingman seems to be the way to go. The King seems to get some good reviews as well, but I believe the Winegard with Wingman may do better due to its increased height.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R