Catalytic heater

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
Avionstream

Re: Catalytic heater

Post by Avionstream »

Whatever it takes to keep warm, good job.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Hey Russ- It would be great to see pics of your new heater when you get time.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

Hey KYAvion,

I will post pictures when I finish with the install.

Since you are the person who provided the link leading to the purchase, I know you are interested in the trailer.

When I took the cabinet out along with the table and it's enclosure, the floor under the window was rock solid. I would have expected that location to have water damage.

The whole cabinet structure under the window is one unit. The shelves in the cabinet are stapled to the face frame. So some care needs to be exercised when taking things apart so not to damage the face frame.

Best regards,

Russ
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
http://edgarranch.com/rv198430R.html
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

You're having great luck with that trailer! Mine has some floor rot under that window you mentioned. There's also a little rot along the floor of the storage compartment. All things that could have been avoided if the previous owner had done a little more maintenance.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Russ, did you finish installing your heater? If so, do you have pictures?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

Paul,

I did not install a Catalytic Heater even though I had one. The heater would only light sometimes.

I did purchase a 20,000 Blue Flame heater which is stored in the front corner of the door side. A partial picture is on the website in my signature below.

Best regards,

Russ
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Nice job on your trailer. Did you run a fixed line from your blue flame heater to the existing propane line, or use a temporary flex connection?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

The heater has a flexible line with a quick disconnect for connecting to the main 30R system. Currently, it connects at the furnace line. I have the parts to run a line under the trailer but am undecided where I really want the install.

I received a new furnace Friday for replacement of the current non-operating one but it is too cold to work on it.

Best regards,

Russ
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

we use a little buddy during chilly evenings. We then turn the buddy off, and turn the furnace on pretty low when it's bed time. we enjoy having a "visible heat" it is sort of like a little fireplace. I think when we are awake, the buddy heater is quite safe. so we don't open windows. often one of us goes out and I thing opening the door to step outside is enough fresh air!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H