No Grey Water Tank

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
Edwardavion

No Grey Water Tank

Post by Edwardavion »

My 63 T 27 Model does not have a gray tank. The manual states that it has a fiberglass black tank. My question is..........where on earth does the gray water go when running water down the sink drains? Is there a valve you open which drops grey water on the ground? I would use a portable waste tank to catch the gray water, but can't find a dump point on the trailer. This isn't the first "dumb" question I have asked on the subject of Vintage Avions. :D
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: No Grey Water Tank

Post by KYAvion »

I bet the tank collects both the grey and black water.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

I believe older trailers (early 1970's and before) had no grey tank and the waste water from the sinks/shower would just run on the ground.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Edwardavion

Post by Edwardavion »

Thanks for the Reply. I managed to find a manual on line and it states that only black water goes in the black water tank. Looks like the "runs on the ground" theory is accurate. I'm going to pull one of the access panels off of the rear of the trailer to see if there is an outlet there. Appreciate your time. Ed
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

I know people retrofit a grey water tank to older Airstreams. I am guessing you could do the same with an Avion. May be you can contact Cayo RV and get feedback on this from them?
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I don't have an Avion of this era to look at, but if I understand the plumbing correctly, does the grey water drain out of the same sewer connection as the black? The reading I did in an owner's manual leads me to believe that the grey water is plumbed to exit the trailer AFTER the black water valve? Sounds like the grey water free-flows out the sewer pipe/hose, and the black water goes out the same hose by opening the valve????
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Edwardavion

Post by Edwardavion »

You may have a point there. Grabbing a bucket and headed out the door! Will let you know what I find.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Response is pretty late, but....Yours and my '61 do not have a grey water tank. When the Valve for the grey water is opened it drains to the ground or a portable grey water tank/bucket or whatever. Be careful and do not drain the black water tank to ground. My black water valve was right under the pooper under the belly of the trailer. I installed an elbow and directed out behind the bumper with a dump valve.. The grey water is also directed back with a dedicated line and dump valve. Tom '61T20