Winter living water supply...

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
NorthernMaineAvion

Winter living water supply...

Post by NorthernMaineAvion »

Ok, there is a possibility that I may be in my Avion this winter. 26 H 1978. It does not have the fresh water tank in it, and the belly pan is gone that goes over it. I see the 2 hoses with shutoff valves, I am pretty sure one is from the water input on the side of the camper to fill the tank and the other goes to the inside systems.

I have a small pressure tank that eventually will be installed in conjunction with a deep well with a submersible pump. I will need to put in a pressure regulating valve to avoid having too much pressure going into the lines and rupturing something.

Does anyone know the PSI limit for the lines?

I plan on constructing an insulated box. It will extend up from the ground and incorporate the space left by the missing tank. It will not go all the way to the top of the tank space to allow for settling and will be slightly smaller than the opening so I can stuff insulation around the perimeter for a good heat seal. Inside will be the pressure tank and the supply lines will come up from underground and pass through the base. The supply lines will also be insulated as well.

I am also grateful for advice on freeze protection for the tank. I have read my manual and it says there is a vent that comes from the furnace to the water tank enclosure to keep it warm in cold weather. However I am not sure thats enough for deep maine winter so should I look at heat tape, or maybe just a super insulation wrap job on the tank?
Razorback

Re: Winter living water supply...

Post by Razorback »

I sure don't have much to add here, but I would insulate/heat on high side, for sure.

One thing I have heard is: install a vapor barrier on the ground under the trailer, then install some kind of skirting to seal the area between the bottom of the trailer and the ground.

I will be looking forward to following this thread to see what you do.....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???