Schematics for 73 / 25 ft.

Brian Flowers

Schematics for 73 / 25 ft.

Post by Brian Flowers »

I am looking for a schematic on 110 volt and 12 volt / 1973 / 25 ft.
Thanks
Brian
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Schematics for 73 / 25 ft.

Post by KYAvion »

I haven't seen any wiring schematics for Avion's, but maybe others have. Are there any specific wiring issues you're having?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Brian Flowers

Post by Brian Flowers »

I am purchasing a 1973 / L 25 , still not sure what ( L ) stands for , but anyway , I have to replace about 6 to 8 feet of outside
aluminum skin , I would rather not cut into any wiring that runs along that wall ( drivers side ) . I do see some wiring on the inside of where I have to replace
but I am cutting out the skin about 2 ribs before that . just being cautious .
Brian
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Gotcha. So it sounds like drilling out the rivets to remove the panel doesn't cover the area you need? Have you decided how you will cut out the section? One thought would be to use a pneumatic cut off wheel, which would allow you to be pretty precise with regard to the depth of your cut.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Brian Flowers

Post by Brian Flowers »

Now that is a question I have not thought of , yet . how to take off the skin I need to replace . sounds like your idea may be the way to do it .
as you suggested , I can cut it very shallow . I have a small die grinder that I can put a cut off wheel on . since it is a 74 / L 25 I have to remove
the trim to be able to remove the piece I have to replace . so I am removing from the joint behind the trim down to the top of the wheel well . really should only have to make 2 cuts to replace the bad piece . I have to work on the wheel well also . and the inside skin , removing cabinets , etc. etc. I do plan on before and after pics of the work so I can share with other forum members .
Thanks a ton
Brian
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Sounds fun. I really like those 3" diameter x 1/16" thick cutoff discs. I bet you can avoid hitting any electrical wires that way too. And on the off chance you do, it's nothing that couldn't be repaired relatively easily by installing a junction box accessible via the interior.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R