Camper Chef

Kitchen tips and recipes
KYAvion
Site Admin

Camper Chef

Post by KYAvion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 pm

The other day I was browsing Facebook and came across a post by Bart Cops (aka Camper Chef), who had posted about his shiny Avion and mentioned a recipe involving stoemps (dish derived from potatoes). Like I often do when I see an Avion owner on Facebook, I sent Bart a text inviting him to check out AVIONtrailers.net, and also encouraged him to share some of his recipes. We began talking and he is putting together cookbooks about his culinary adventures while in his Avion. It turns out Bart, who landed in Nevada a few years ago after leaving Belgium, found his 1983 Avion 30P in a storage facility. After much sweat equity and investment in the trailer, he has spent countless weeks traveling in his Avion while trying out new recipes, and consequently Camper Chef was born. Likewise, while speaking with Bart, I thought a forum about cooking while in the Avion would be a great addition to the site. Check out the Camper Chef page on Facebook (or google @camperchefcommunity) or go to www.camper-chef.com (coming soon), and let's hear some about your favorite recipes while in your Avion.

IMG_2403.JPG
IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R

nralifer

Re: Camper Chef

Post by nralifer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 pm

What a great idea!

While some owners might not care if their Avion has a kitchen at all, I am at the opposite end.... I LOVE being able to cook awesome meals in our Avion!

One of my favorites is home-made chicken noodle soup, starting with a nice baked chicken.

I will add a recipe soon.
nra1ifer
1987 Avion 34W
Every day is a good day..... some are just better than others!