Loading pics

A general discussion forum
Tarnished

Loading pics

Post by Tarnished »

Recently discovered that Apple doesn't have a picture reducer app.
A work around is to put the pic into an email to yourself, apple will automatically reduce it.
Once received it's in my folder in about 5 secs. This allows you to keep the original quality pic and have a pic to upload.
Razorback

Re: Loading pics

Post by Razorback »

Good tip! Same thing I do.

Sometimes, even after sending and saving them on my laptop (Ubuntu OS), I have to use Fotoxx (a Ubuntu package) to resize the image to get it within the upload limits. Fotoxx is also nice for editing.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Good tip! I use an iPhone app called Batch Resizer 2 that gives the option to keep the original and save a separate image at a reduced file size. Works great.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KYAvion wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 pm Good tip! I use an iPhone app called Batch Resizer 2 that gives the option to keep the original and save a separate image at a reduced file size. Works great.
I have a lot of pics that I have downloaded from my iPhone to my laptop. I would like to upload some to the forums.

What format and size are preferred by the website? Is uploading the pics to something like a Google pics file a better way to go?

Thanks.

Bob
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

JPG's at 256kb or less will work just fine. I wish the site would automatically reduce the file size like Facebook, but unfortunately that's not the case. From what I've read Facebook reduces images to less than 100kb.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R