Airtstream quality

A general discussion forum
Razorback

Re: Airtstream quality

Post by Razorback »

RISK wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:31 pm
nralifer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm You and I think a lot alike!

You probably saw my input on the Airforum’s “suggested improvements for Airstream”?

I suggested that they bring back Avion, but badge it as an Airstream! Several problems fixed! :mrgreen:
Did you see my reply to your comment?

Ian
I had seen it, but didn't make the connection....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
RISK

Post by RISK »

nralifer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 pm
RISK wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:31 pm
nralifer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm You and I think a lot alike!

You probably saw my input on the Airforum’s “suggested improvements for Airstream”?

I suggested that they bring back Avion, but badge it as an Airstream! Several problems fixed! :mrgreen:
Did you see my reply to your comment?

Ian
I had seen it, but didn't make the connection....
Nor did I to you, but i enjoyed it none the less and I had to go back and see who you were over there...
Neither of our comments gained any traction (surprise!) but there is truth to what we say.

I have been enjoying the "suggested improvements for Airstream" thread over there, mostly, in a nutshell, "I wish they cared when they made my trailer"...

Ian aka RISK aka Iansk
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

So, an Airstream Classic 33' owner posted at Airforums that the bottom horizontal channel on their shower door hadn't been sealed and water would pour out when taking a shower, covering the bathroom floor. Other chimed in saying that this is a known problem. Mind you this is a trailer with a $156,400 MSRP.

The responses to such complaints follow an interesting pattern at Airforums: Someone posts about a ridiculous QC issue. Others chime in say that they have had the same problem. Then Airstream apologists show up trying to normalize this nonsense, claiming that since Airstreams are hand made they are not perfect (as if anything handmade must be built like garbage) OR claiming that other "SOB" trailer are worse (there are other trailers much cheaper than Airstream with better QC, like Oliver). Finally, the crazies show up that suggest its the owner's fault (not Airstream's) and that the OP should sell their Airstream and buy something else if they are not happy. Thread ends by everyone agreeing that Airstream is the best, until they meet again the next day to discuss another QC issue.

Reminds me of the "Wall of Denial" by Stevie Ray Vaughn :)

Here is the Airforums thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/ve ... 81921.html
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Cognitive dissonance at its best.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »