Rallys or gettogethers.?

A general discussion forum
Avionstream

Rallys or gettogethers.?

Post by Avionstream »

Do any of you ever go to Airforums Rallys? I've been to a few and felt welcome.
Avionstream

Re: Rallys or gettogethers.?

Post by Avionstream »

Or even tin can tourist events. Used to go TCT events but most if them turnout to be about showing off rather camping. A little too bazaar for me. Airforums were about comradely and camping.
FrancescaS

Post by FrancescaS »

I am new to Vintage Trailers and Avions, but I am thinking about going to a Tin Can Tourist Open House in Feb 25th 2017, Brooksville, FL near Tampa. I am excited to see what other people have done and how they did it, whether for show or for functionality. Sure I want my trailer to look nice, but I also want things to work.
I have yet to camp in mine too, still slowly cleaning and fixing before buying a tow vehicle and learning how to tow. It's slow going for me and I do get impatient.
FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet
Tampa, FL
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

FrancescaS wrote:I am new to Vintage Trailers and Avions, but I am thinking about going to a Tin Can Tourist Open House in Feb 25th 2017, Brooksville, FL near Tampa. I am excited to see what other people have done and how they did it, whether for show or for functionality. Sure I want my trailer to look nice, but I also want things to work.
I have yet to camp in mine too, still slowly cleaning and fixing before buying a tow vehicle and learning how to tow. It's slow going for me and I do get impatient.
I'm not the world's most patient person, but I force myself!

The main thing is to do things right..... that will pay off in the long run. Unless you like doing the same job more than once.

One of the best feelings I get is being able to haul our Avion out of the back yard, knowing we are "going places and doing things". The wait is SO worth it!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Avionstream

Post by Avionstream »

Springstream in n ga us in April. TCT members and silver aluminum welcome. Info on Airforums page. There's another rally about the same time up there, I think all are welcome.
Avionstream

Post by Avionstream »

The TCT event in Brooksville is great. Nice camp ground, must be TCT members, you can sign up when you get there.