Catagorizing Members and their Trailer Modes

Suggestions and Forum How-To's
FrancescaS

Catagorizing Members and their Trailer Modes

Post by FrancescaS »

Hi There, hope you are all well... I wish I was not so password challenged or I would be on here more often! But there was an idea I wanted to run by all of you....

In interacting with other Avion Owners' on the FB Owners' Group, I discovered that there were a lot of 1968 and 1969 25' models out there. I thought it would be really helpful and fun to somehow sort or group the owners' and their trailer models. If there were particular issues with a certain model or specific ways that same year model problems were solved, then it would be easy to find and to also interesting to get ideas of a repair or renovation. This info would be all in one place.

I also realize that this may be redundant and that most issues or problems may be universal to different body styles rather than model years, but it was an idea I wanted to bring to the table. Besides that it would be neat to know who owns same year and models.

Thanks
FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet
Tampa, FL
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Catagorizing Members and their Trailer Modes

Post by KYAvion »

Interesting idea and could be really helpful if there are certain issues or attributes unique to certain model years. I'm not familiar enough with the breakdown of year to year changes, so hopefully someone with knowledge about this will chime in.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
FrancescaS

Post by FrancescaS »

Not sure why no one has contributed to this post.... perhaps people feel that the problems or issues are more common place across the board....
I would like to see it done though....
For example, just off the top of my head:

* 195? - 1964? or earlier (pre-anodization);
* after-anodizaion; 1965?-1970?;
* cayos;
* 1971?-1979?; (maybe grouped by suspension types and or major changes in design or interior features)
* 1980-1989; (changes in running gear, floorplans, exterior finishes, e.g. basement models, painted models);
* post 1989; (fifth wheels)

Maybe someone will chime in. I too am not that familiar with all the different models and changes and features to them throughout the decades.
FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet
Tampa, FL
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

I believe Pre -1978 Avions had Mor-Ryde suspension. From 1978 to 1988 they had Adjust-a-Ride suspension. In 1989 and 1990 they had torsion axles. Also, it seems the looks of the trailer (shell, cabinetry, etc) remained relatively unchanged during these time spans. Others can correct me if I'm wrong :)
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
FrancescaS

Post by FrancescaS »

Thanks for the reply..... then there are the early, early models, think the models before '69 had a different suspension than Mor-Ryde and those body types were quite different too.
I guess this can just hang out here and if anyone thinks some of this could be incorporated then they can comment, but looks like folks did not gravitate towards it, which is fine. :)
FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet
Tampa, FL