Migrating Information

Suggestions and Forum How-To's
FrancescaS

Migrating Information

Post by FrancescaS »

Hi Everyone

A couple weeks ago, I responded to an email welcoming newcomers and brought up an idea about possibly migrating some key information from the yahoo forums or even the FB groups that could be helpful. Not too be too impatient about new info being inserted here, but there is some very good material that is just hard to come by on the yahoo forum. Which I found very frustrating...
I would do a search and click on a link and get kicked out of the thread and forget about seeing any pictures, one would be all I would get to before being kicked out again. Such a wealth of knowledge that is not so accessible, a shame really.
So I thought I would bring up the idea here. Not sure how it will be received and by no means do I want to step on any toes or overstep any boundaries, or even if it is possible. But in the interest of learning and sharing information and images and stories, I wondered what you fellow Avion enthusiasts thought of the idea?

FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet :-)
FrancescaS
1969 Avion Argonaut
No Tow Vehicle Yet
Tampa, FL
Razorback

Re: Migrating Information

Post by Razorback »

Hi, FrancescaS!

I agree.... there is a lot of good info scattered around several sites. I also agree with your frustration of trying to maneuver through the Yahoo Avion Forum. No input from me regarding Facebook.... I don't use it.

Do you have some examples of things you'd like to see here?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Avionstream

Post by Avionstream »

I find the yahoo thing impossible to use. Lots of info but no way to retrieve it. Might just be me. Facebook is good but topics get pushed down the list and disappear. On the Avion forum here the info is easily acquired and retrieved,
Becky B.

Post by Becky B. »

I agree about the Yahoo forum. I've found some good information there, but it's very hard to navigate. I would have no idea of how to transfer the info to here, but if someone can, yaay! I still post in the FB forum, but try to put things here to so they aren't lost forever if people need help. Wish more people would put their projects on here!