Photos and resizing

Suggestions and Forum How-To's
Dale Camp

Photos and resizing

Post by Dale Camp »

Can someone explain how to post photos. To post an avatar, it needs to be a certain size. Also of other photos to be posted they need to be resized.
I have some upgrade/repair projects I would like to share, but probably not if I have to resize each photo.

Guess I'm too spoiled from using Facebook.

Dale in Pearland, TX
1982 - 34V
Dale Camp
1982 34V
2017 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4X4
Pearland, TX
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Photos and resizing

Post by KYAvion »

From what I've experienced, photos don't have to be resized prior to being attached to a post. When I've posted I have just selected the images from my photo library and the board did the rest. The only trouble I've run into is that the thumbnails will be oriented the wrong direction, but I think that may be the result of my taking pics with my phone in the vertical as opposed to horizontal position. Did you come across an error message or something telling you to resize? If so, just let me know what it says and I'll see what we can do to resolve it. No need for things to be any more difficult than Facebook.

As far as the avatar, current settings are a minimum of 20x20pix and Max of 90x90pix.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Dale.

I will send you a pm with my phone number and email address. I would be happy to try to help you over the phone with the resizing.

I have some software on my laptop that helps with resizing. I think that an avatar is the only thing that needs to be resized down to a very small file. Posting pictures in a thread should be pretty wide open.

If you have a picture you'd like to use for an avatar, one option would be to email it to me, I could resize it, then send you the resized image.....

PM on it's way.....

nralifer
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Thanks NRALifer!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

I believe photo attachments need to be less than 250 KB.

An easy way to do this is to open the photo in Paint application (Right click on the photo file and select 'Edit'), Select 'Resize' (Top left corner in Paint), Make sure 'Percentage' is selected for 'Resize By', change the percentage from 100 to say 50. Save the file and see if the file size is under 250 KB. If not, repeat.

I'm sure Paul will provide you a much clearer instructions :)
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Rostam wrote:I believe photo attachments need to be less than 250 KB.

An easy way to do this is to open the photo in Paint application (Right click on the photo file and select 'Edit'), Select 'Resize' (Top left corner in Paint), Make sure 'Percentage' is selected for 'Resize By', change the percentage from 100 to say 50. Save the file and see if the file size is under 250 KB. If not, repeat.

I'm sure Paul will provide you a much clearer instructions :)
I bet that will work.....

I don't have Windows on my PC (I use Ubuntu), so I knew I would need to ask a lot of questions in order to help him, just to see what he was using and had available, then step through it. I have used Windows for a long time (HAD to.... IBM's OS/2 went away!), so we should be able to manage, if still needed.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

So you guys are having to manually resize for regular photo attachments (not avatars)???
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

Yes, attachment photos must be 250 KB max, or the photo attachment step will not go through. Is this a legit restriction? or can it be amended? Thanks!
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

KYAvion wrote:So you guys are having to manually resize for regular photo attachments (not avatars)???
I don't recall having to resize photos that I put in my posts. I'll go back and check.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I'll have to look into the max setting. I'm not resizing anything when uploading from my iPhone, so I thought the board was automatically manipulating my full size images. Apparently this isn't the case with all users. Just curious, what system are you using?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R