Photos and resizing

Suggestions and Forum How-To's
Razorback

Re: Photos and resizing

Post by Razorback »

Well, I guess that if you don't want to do any editing, we'll have to wait.

One thing I like to do with my iPhone's pictures:
I will send pictures to an email address. Before they get sent, a prompt comes up asking which file size I would like to send. Knowing that the default file sizes are pretty huge due to resolution and knowing that the high-res is not usually needed (unless you really DO want the high-res), I will choose one of the smaller options..... but not usually the smallest. When I receive the email, I save the file as-is..... which is usually within the forum's size limit (Since this topic came up, I have been watching the file sizes.)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DBarrett

Post by DBarrett »

I don't think it is so much the software as the camera. I take pictures with a relatively good (Panasonic LX-5) camera, and I save them at the highest resolution, so a typical photo of mine is 4.5 MB. So my average photo is roughly 18 times larger than your limit. I would love to post some of my photos, but I would have to edit for quite a while tomato them fit.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

The mod for the site to automatically resize hasn't happened yet, but I'm told that it will be done. In the meantime that Batch Resizer app I posted about really does make resizing photos simple. It is an extra step, but the app is easy to use so it doesn't take but a second to do.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

The auto-resize will be a very welcome addition!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Dale Camp

Multiple photos

Post by Dale Camp »

I was sharing some informations about window dimensions today and tried to upload 5 photos, it only allowed me to uploaded one.
Is this correct or is there a way to upload more than one photo at a time.

Thanks,
Dale
Dale Camp
1982 34V
2017 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4X4
Pearland, TX
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

The setting is currently 10 attachments per post, but the size limit per attachment is still 256kb.

I checked on the auto resizing mod the other day and it still hasn't been completed yet. The host says its still on his to do list to write code for though.

Did you receive an error message after you selected to "Add the file" to your message? I assume that prior to selecting the option to "add" that you first selected "choose file" among the options?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Dale Camp

Post by Dale Camp »

Yes I pressed the "Choose File" button first and it will only allow you to select one file.
None of the files are larger than 150 KB,

Thanks,
Dale
Dale Camp
1982 34V
Pearland, TX
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

If you would, please give it another try. I just logged in with a test account and didn't have any problems. Just be sure to select "Add File" after each image you choose. That is, choose a file, the add it. Choose another file, then add, etc.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Dale Camp

Re: Photos and resizing - test

Post by Dale Camp »

Yes that method works, just a little cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to choose several files and then add them.
But I'll work with what you have for now.
Thanks.
Dale
Dale Camp
1982 34V
Pearland, TX