Side Bath Wanted

Aluminum trailers and parts wanted
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Side Bath Wanted

Post by KYAvion »

russedgar wrote:KYAvion, I was planning on taking Sendel T03 wheels and 16 inch Michlan LT tires with me ready to put on.

The owner really thought the current tires were good to come home. I am following his advice, but will make the switch after I get home and have more time.

I am going to install a 795 watt solar system on the 30R this winter.

Have you or anyone used the Cayo four battery fiberglass battery box? I want to install four Crown 260s for storage.

Best regards,

Russ
Personally I would swap the wheels and tires out before traveling home, or at the very least have a tire pressure monitor. I had a less than 2 year old ST tire come apart on me when towing my former 79 Airstream, and the damage to the wheel
well area would have been significant and costly if I had not caught it in time. Ever since I've run LT tires and use a TST pressure monitor for peace of mind.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

I got the 30R home yesterday around noon. 2400 plus mile round trip. Trailer pulled very well, brakes, and lights functioned well.
Truck computer showed 20.3 mpg average with trailer on, up to 28 mpg going out to South Dakota.
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
http://edgarranch.com/rv198430R.html
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Congratulations on getting your new Avion and making the trip safely.

Looking forward to pictures and progress reports!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

That's great! Congrats! That's some great mpg.

Submit some pics when you have a chance and let us know how it looks.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Russedgar- how's that new Avion coming along?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
russedgar

Post by russedgar »

Hey KYAvion,

I did not see you post, sorry for the delay.

The new 30R is better than the seller described. The refrigerator was not supposed to work on propane. It works well in both 120 and propane.

There was suppose to be hail damage on the end caps. I guess it is there but you really have to look to see anything. No one else will ever see it.

Last night I ordered LED lights for all inside fixtures plus the porch light. That took my life savings.

Best regards,

Russ
1984 30R
2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
http://edgarranch.com/rv198430R.html
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Don't you love it when a deal is better than you first thought? Glad to hear the fridge works!

I feel your pain regarding the life savings needed to convert to LED. Especially if new fixtures are involved. I have been spreading out my pain by keeping the original fixtures but replacing a bulb here, a bulb there. Recently, I came across a good deal on bulbs at Camping World. They had some on clearance for about 5 bucks apiece, but they only had three.

I had a friend give me a nice amber LED bulb for my porch light recently.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Glad it worked out well for you! I thought the body looked good. The only dings I saw were a few on the corner panel left of the front window and some on the same panel next to the rear window. These seemed minimal too. Anything else on top is never going to be seen anyway!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R