Update of Pictures of my new project

Pics of your Silver Avion trailer
Markinalaska

Update of Pictures of my new project

Post by Markinalaska »

Here are some pics of my project. Starting with the port side, (I'm an ex captain so it's easier for me to explain sides this way :) ).
As you can see this side needs some work. Where the water heater should be is missing the cover and has some rot where other owners allowed it to leak. Thus the rusting down the aluminum. The connection door for water and electricity is also missing as is the fridge door in the center of the trailer. Closer shots show the extent of the issue with the rear port side of the trailer. Although not the wood rot issue. I will also need a source for the cleanout cover if anyone has one. I hear Cayo might be my best bet on these things so I will call them since they don't seem to have a website.
I plan on starting at the bathroom in the rear and removing everything and repairing what's needed and then work my way forward from there. A huge project but what else do I have to do other than fish :D .
You can see the temp trailer lights wiring I used to bring her home along the side of the trailer. Which I might add didn't have working left turn signal or brake lights even though I picked them up at ORielys auto brand new that morning to get her. I will keep posting progress shots and will have numerous questions so you all might get tired of me before it's all over :lol: . Any help in acquiring the doors for the ones missing on this side will be greatly appreciated. Also a front rock guard and all window seals. I'm replacing everything. Lastly if anyone has removed the birch walls of their trailers and reattached them I would love to hear your comments. I will be doing a lot of that...

I've attached a couple of easy fixes I recently did. Found the rear over the bed cabinets had came unglued and had to re glue them. Not a big deal and this was my soulution to getting them back in shape.
Last edited by Markinalaska on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
Razorback

Re: Pictures of my new project

Post by Razorback »

Wow! This will be fun to watch!!

Good luck!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Markinalaska

Re: Pictures of my new project

Post by Markinalaska »

Thanks, I might need it :shock:
I did find the power and water door tucked away in the trailer though so that one is fixable fairly easy. The hinges being just bent aluminum fingers should make repairing it not that difficult as long as they haven't been reeled on until they break. The rear door is off but is still all there so some door repairs and vent repairs are currently at the top of the list. I want to end up with the outside looking as close to factory as possible. Inside I'm going to modernize though. I know, blasphemy, but I want the ability of 50 amp connections and a few other modern conveniences. Will be a fun project though.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab