34V in Winlock, WA

A little about yourself
Mark R. Obtinario

34V in Winlock, WA

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

Hello,

We have a 1981 34V that we purchased three summers ago.

Since that time I have done quite a bit to get it ready to camp, most of which involved a lot of elbow grease but not a lot of anything else. I am continually amazed at the quality of materials and workmanship that went into the building of our trailer.

The first time we used it was the summer of 2013 less than two weeks after purchase.

In 2014 we started with attending a rally at Valley of the Rogue State Park in June, a long weekend at the Antique Powerland Museum in Brooks, OR, two weeks at the ocean on the Oregon Coast, and ended the year when we towed it to CA in order to spend some time at Disneyland. If you ever plan to go to Disneyland with your trailer, Anaheim Harbor RV Park (I would rate the RV park very highly--clean, quiet, and affordable) is just across the freeway from Disneyland and about one mile from the entrance to the park.

2015 started with the return from CA after New Years, continued with four trailer rallies in Oregon over the summer, and ended with a long weekend at our church's family camp in August.

Summer of 2016 we went on an epic journey across the country. We went through 15 states and went almost 7100 miles. Among the places we got to see were Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, and the Spam museum in Austin, MN. My wife was just saying today that it would be nice to do it again but spend more time at each location and not try to do so many miles per day. Unfortunately, when you have definite days to be somewhere that are non-negotiable dates you can't spend extra time along the way. It also required some of our days to be 500+ miles of travel in a day.

As to what next year will hold, I am not sure. I hope to be able to make the Rollin' Oldies Vintage Trailer South Beach rally way down south on the Oregon coast next August.

On average we put about 2000 miles per year and spend at least 20 nights in our Avion every year.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: 34V in Winlock, WA

Post by KYAvion »

Hi Mark - thanks for joining and we look forward to hearing more about your Avion travels. Also please feel free to share more about things you've done to get your Avion ready to camp. Your input is appreciated!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Welcome to you and your wife, Mark! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you have had some nice trips in the short time you've had your 34V. Your mention of Disneyland reminded me that during the summer of 1971 when I had just turned 8, my family was staying at the Tra-Tel RV park within site of Disneyland. Got to see the fireworks every night.

You and I have had our Avions for almost the same amount of time. As a matter of fact, next Sunday will be 3 years to the day when we took off on a whirlwind trip to Hancock, MI to get ours.

My introduction to Avions was my mom and dad's 1981 34V (might have been a 1980.... not sure). They traded their Airstream for it. Little by little, Dad pointed out the differences between the two. Didn't take long to see that the Avion was a much better trailer.

Does yours still have the striped upholstery?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Mark R. Obtinario

Our awning was black and white striped but that was the only stuff that was striped on our Avion.

Our 34V has brown/gold toned upholstery in a sort of floral pattern.

The bolsters by the twin beds and the bed covers are brown.

When we got our trailer the carpet had been taken out and the linoleum was left. It is brown/tan/off white squared and rectangles.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Mark R. Obtinario wrote:Our awning was black and white striped but that was the only stuff that was striped on our Avion.

Our 34V has brown/gold toned upholstery in a sort of floral pattern.

The bolsters by the twin beds and the bed covers are brown.

When we got our trailer the carpet had been taken out and the linoleum was left. It is brown/tan/off white squared and rectangles.
Mark, here is what I remember of the upholstery in my folk's 34V:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 8427d4.jpg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Mark R. Obtinario

I stand corrected. That is exactly what the interior of our 34V looks like.