New member/owner 75 La Grande

A little about yourself
steveandkelly.wilkerson-henshilwood

New member/owner 75 La Grande

Post by steveandkelly.wilkerson-henshilwood »

Hello everyone!
We are Steve and Kelly from Plainfield, IN. First, I want to say thank you to Rob McFall for the invitation to join this group. Last July we purchased a 1975 Avion La Grande from the local junkyard, sight unseen! Neither my husband nor myself know anything about camping or about trailers. I wanted a trailer to visit my granddaughter while she was working at the state and national parks. When we opened the door to our Avion we could not see the inside. It was filled to the ceiling with junk and trash. It took us three days and a dumpster to clean it out! Once we got inside, we could see the potential. A friend said "That sure is a diamond in the rough!" Hence, we named her Diamond Lil. I don't particularly want to restore her back to original. I want her to have her own unique personality. Currently we have replaced all the tires, the broken glass in the bathroom, repaired the roof, painted the entire inside white, and have replaced all the knobs with glass knobs that resemble diamonds. Steve has made new countertops for the bathroom and front. He also repaired the floor where it had rotted through to the frame. I made new cushion covers and drapes. I LOVE how she is coming along. I had no idea we have a sought after vintage trailer. I am looking forward to completing this restoration and joining some of the rallies and meeting you!
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: New member/owner 75 La Grande

Post by KYAvion »

Hello and glad you joined! That sounds like a nice trailer you all have made for yourself. When you get a chance, it'd be great to see pics in the Avion Pics forum. I'd also be interested to hear more about the counters your husband made?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Welcome to the forum! I love to hear stories like this: another Avion saved from certain death!

I look forward to hearing and seeing more!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Williamintampa

Post by Williamintampa »

Hi, I just joined. I am starting the restoration for a friend. Do you have any information of who might have some parts. Trying to keep original. I need some rear tail light lenses, a furnace to mention a couple of needs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,