A little about yourself
quartzsitebruce

Post by quartzsitebruce »

Took the plunge and just bought a 1987 34V. Needs some work, but mostly cosmetic and SOME rearranging to make it suit my potential lifestyle. Have owned an 18ft. TT and a 36ft. 5th wheel. Looking at AS, but came across this Avion for an excellent price that I just HAD to have it. Looking to gain knowledge and help from the site and eventually meeting some of y'all down the road!
Proud owner of a 1987 34V, towed by a 2015 Chevy 2500HD Extra cab. Some work to "make it my own", but up for the challenges!
RISK

Re: Newbie

Post by RISK »

Welcome Bruce!

Glad to have you aboard and concratulations on your new Avion, they are great trailers.

pictures?

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Welcome and congrats on the trailer. What sort of rearranging are you thinking of doing?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Bruce! Glad to have you here!

(It's a small world... Bruce and I have a common Airstream friend..... I met this friend and his family (one of the "Atomic"'s on AF) when they were visiting Bentonville, AR on their way to Quartzite, AZ......Bruce met them there!)

Really looking forward to hearing all about your "new" Avion!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
quartzsitebruce

Post by quartzsitebruce »

Haven't quite figured it out yet. The previous owner painted the front half of the kitchen Galley and living room walls and ceiling white to cover up smoke odor. They also painted part of the upper cabinet in the kitchen Galley area. The original kitchen counter was removed for some reason and a terrible-looking cabinet was put in. So all of that will have to come out. Cheap laminate flooring was put in from the galley area back into the bathroom and carpet was laid in the living room area. It has great bones. Most of the time was spent in RV parks, so it's had very little road time, probably less than 10000 miles. Two of the six tires are the original ones from 30 years ago! I just got it moved Saturday, so now I can start planning on what to do. I will be taking some pictures of what it looks like now so that everybody can take a look at it. I am really excited to get the project going. Originally was looking for an Airstream for about the past three years and this one came along and it was such a good deal and in such good shape that I could not resist it.
Proud owner of a 1987 34V, towed by a 2015 Chevy 2500HD Extra cab. Some work to "make it my own", but up for the challenges!