Newbie from Texas 1964 Avion Holiday

A little about yourself
julie.faust

Newbie from Texas 1964 Avion Holiday

Post by julie.faust »

Hi y’all! A little about myself? Hmmm, I’m a single mom with two son’s. Struggling to make ends meet and being “pushed” to pick up our family camper at the deer lease where my husband hunted for 15 years (He passed away 3/16.) I came up with the $ to buy a couple of new tires and hauled it home. I listed it for sale on a couple of the local garage sale groups for $1000. I was overwhelmed with responses! One man sent me a p.m. offering $1,500! I had sold my 1964 AVION HOLIDAY for $500 more than I was asking! Not! The guy made a bunch of excuses and never showed, I had rejected all of the other inquiries and taken the ad down. Do l really want to take on this challenge? I’m going to try to fix it up and rent it out to family and friends for income. We will see? I know it’s gonna be a lot of work! :roll: * I was born in 1964!
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Newbie from Texas 1964 Avion Holiday

Post by KYAvion »

Welcome, Julie! Glad to have you here. That could be a really nice trailer that you've got! Post pics when you get a chance.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Julie, and welcome to the forum.

First, I am sorry to hear of you husband's passing. We will be praying for strength, blessings, and peace for you and your sons.

I hope you can manage to keep your Avion and use it as an income source like you mentioned. Please keep us posted, and feel free to ask questions.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
RISK

Post by RISK »

Hi Julie,

Welcome!
I’m based within Austin and if you are somewhere nearby I’d be happy to take a look at your camper and help you access the amount of work to be done to get it where you want it. If you decide to sell, I’d be happy to assist in that too. No charge for either, just happy to help if I can.

Unless the trailer is in seriously sad shape, $1500 sounds pretty low.

All the best,
Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)