A little about yourself
Jasss

Post by Jasss »

I would say good morning, but not feeling it right now. This is our 2nd Avion, sold the 1st one for a big fancy fifth wheel and hated it, so we are back in a real camper. Was gonna ask for help, but my last idea finally worked, and we are just now unfroze. Yea... While I was typing...lol..... Someone inadvertently left something in front of the vent....so my cozy trailer is in the deep freeze up north and handling it just fine. In the construction business and have lived in various trailers for over 40 yrs, the Avion is the best..We currently have a 35 ft triple axle...which by the way we will be retiring and selling in the spring. And yes we are heat taped, wraped, skirted, and Windows covered with shrink wrap a nd blanket behind curtains..staying nice and cozy but going thru the propane.
Now I can say good morning
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by KYAvion »

Hey Jasss and welcome! Glad you got things situated and thanks for joining and posting. Gonna be a cold one this weekend.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: New member

Post by Razorback »

HI, Jasss! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you have your long johns on..... it’s gonna be cold!!

Glad to hear you are keeping warm. Even though our Avions are better than most, they do have their limits for cold weather. You mentioned skirts..... do you find that any additional heat is needed in the space beneath the trailer?

If I had to rely on my Avion for living space in the winter time (I wish I could do my job from a MIFI connection!!), I would invest in a Kimberly wood stove and enjoy the heat! They are rather expensive, but would be a good fit for us since we are accustomed to wood stoves.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???