Howdy!

A little about yourself
RISK

Howdy!

Post by RISK »

New member to this forum here, my name is Ian and we recently purchased a 1978 28m center bath.
I also have a '64 Silverstreak Sabre and a '77 Airstream Sovereign. Yes, I am infected with aluminitis.

Searched for an Avion after getting frustrated with all the issues with the airstream which is currently mostly dismantled and I wanted to go camping. The Sabre is my office and isn't really the greatest for my family of four (+dog).

We love the Avion though and having a rear bedroom is great so we can section off the kiddos at night.

I found ours in New Mexico where it spent most of its life, so there is little, if any rot. The interior is in fantastic shape and the exterior is as well other than some minor hail damage.

It needed one leaf spring replaced and that of course led to all 4 being swapped out, which led to "while the axels are down, let's drop half the bellypan and diagnose this intermittent grey tank leak.

Have had the pleasure of a few conversations with Chuck Cayo and a few emails with Dr. Gradeless.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Ian
Last edited by RISK on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
Razorback

Re: Howdy!

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Ian, and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations, and I hope you DON'T get over your aluminitis anytime soon!

Keep us posted on any projects you do or trips you take.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???