Belle Starr Campground at Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
Razorback

Belle Starr Campground at Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Post by Razorback »

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/ ... rkId=73079

Although it is a hot weekend, we are blessed to be able to have the Avion out and enjoying time with friends. This time, we are at Oklahoma's Belle Starr Campground on Lake Eufaula which is south of I-40, about mid-way between Oklahoma City, OK and Ft.Smith, AR. We are joining friends who are part of a HUGE family that has 3 or 4 campouts each year. Besides us, they have the vast majority of this park reserved this weekend (100+ sites!!).This year, they are celebrating their 100th year of doing this!!!

I will get some pictures and post here, but this is a really nice campground. Typical COE with water and electric. The site we reserved is probably the best site we have ever been in: long pull-thru, perfectly level, with lots of trees to provide shade. All we had to do was pull in, unhitch, and put the stabilizers down. How neat is that?!?!

On the way here yesterday, we stopped to stretch at a rest area near Sallisaw, OK. It was a hot day of driving (sunny and 95), and I was purposely driving at only 55 or usually 60 due to the heat, and having just finished replacing the bearings on the curb side, I wanted to check the hubs and see if they were OK. I could see that the realignment I did on the right rear axle was good. All was well, and I also checked the air in the tires, which I normally run at 60psi. Due to the heat, they were all at about 70psi, so I dropped them all to 60psi. Glad I checked! Also got to help a lady with a flat tire that she pulled in with. Another chance to help someone, and the lug nuts on her wheel were so tight, I doubt she could have gotten them off. Got the spare on, and we both left at the same time. She was going one or two exits west to Sallisaw, OK, and we followed her until she got off the interstate. She waved and honked as we went by......

Ready for a great weekend!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Re: Belle Starr Campground at Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Post by Razorback »

A few pictures I took today:
Attachments
IMG_2143.JPG
IMG_2144.JPG