Fantastic Versus Maxxair Vent Fans

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
silverloaf

Fantastic Versus Maxxair Vent Fans

Post by silverloaf »

I have been doing some research on replacement vent fans. Ours are original. Some work, some leak and all are filthy dirty from neglect.

The major fan players seem to be Fantastic and Maxxair. The Fanstastic fan was actually developed and produced by a company north of me. He eventually sold the business to Atwood (now owned by Dometic). I talked to him recently and he still hawks Fantastic.

But some of the on-line reviews have not been very flattering for Fantastic. Functional issues and poor customer support are leaving people unhappy. One local RV dealer stopped recommending Fantastic and switched to Maxxair. He claims the fan's quality hasn't been the same since Dometic took them over. Warranty claims are a real hassle now.

Maxxair fans seem to have a fairly decent track record. Feature for feature, a $250 Fanstastic fan is $190 for the Maxxair.

Any comments from the forum members? Am I missing a significant compelling reason for choosing the Fantastic brand over the Maxxair?

Make Avion Great again!!

Bob
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Fantastic Versus Maxxair Vent Fans

Post by KYAvion »

I can say that MaxxAir is a great company to deal with. I had three of their vent covers, each of which developed hairline cracks within 3 or 4 years. I called the company and three new ones were on my doorstep in a couple days. I believe they are warrantied for five years, but I was never asked for a receipt.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

That seals the deal. Thanks.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Becky B.

Post by Becky B. »

I have both Maxxair Fans and a Fantastic Fan (two trailers). I love the Maxxair Fans! I can leave them open in the rain without worry. They fold down relatively flat when closed. I have three in my Avion. The ones in the front & rear have remote controls & the one in the bathroom only blows out. They're quiet & move a lot of air. The Fantastic fan works fine, but I don't have a rain sensor on it (which I have read is sensitive to dew & shuts down) and the cover for them is large (if you want to leave it open in the rain).
Attachments
IMG_0479.JPG
Last edited by Becky B. on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Thank you for the Maxxair referral.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P