Cabinet trim

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
Markinalaska

Cabinet trim

Post by Markinalaska »

Does anyone have a source for the birch cabinet molding on the 81 v? It looks like this...only not broken lol. I also am looking for the curved pieces that connect the verticals to the horizontal trim. Some of mine are broken and some are just missing.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
nick.roenick

Re: Cabinet trim

Post by nick.roenick »

Look at Rockler.com for the molding.

http://www.rockler.com/french-provincia ... lding-wood
jeff

Post by jeff »

I purchased the molding recommended from Rockler and it is NOT a match. It's very close. From Rockler the middle is convex whereas on my Avion trim it's concave. I do believe it's the right idea and style.

We're going to try to find a router bit to make our own, or otherwise take all the trim off and put something new on them in the kitchen.
1980 Avion 34W
1983 Avion 34V
1958 Spartan Manor
1969 Barth Continental
jeff

Post by jeff »

I went ahead and had the knives made for this after all my searches for the trim failed. Ordered 50 feet since the incremental price was nothing. This is beech wood just like the original cabinets.

If anyone needs some let me know, just looking to help offset my "investment." Will otherwise put the excess up on eBay to recoup it...eventually.
1980 Avion 34W
1983 Avion 34V
1958 Spartan Manor
1969 Barth Continental
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

For future projects, you might want to check out Armstrong Millworks in Highland, MI. They have been in business for 70 years. This was shortly before The Cayo family founded Avion in Benton Harbor, MI.

Armstrong specializes in converting rough-surface hardwood materials in various finishes and shapes. Their website shows a vast array of profiles and wood species. Specialty profiles are available.

I have used them often. They are fine and knowledgeable people to work with.

http://www.armstrongmillworks.com/
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P