Mid-bath Shower

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
KYAvion
Site Admin

Mid-bath Shower

Post by KYAvion »

My 30R has a shower rod and curtain, and I was wondering if this is factory? The rod seems to sit kind of low. There's also an open track along the ceiling, but I suspect it's probably just missing the rubber/plastic molding insert?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Mid-bath Shower

Post by Razorback »

I looked at the floor plan for a 1984 30R and it looks like you have the same bathroom layout that we have in our 34W.

That open track on the ceiling is where the original shower curtain was.

Vintage trailer supply has the sew-on plastic tabs that are needed if you'd like to put it back to original. I hand stitched them on our new shower curtain since we don't have a sewing machine. I can provide you some pictures of ours... will have to find them.

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/196 ... ts-259.htm

Our shower has a removable, telescoping rod that mounts in some fixtures that are on the shower door-side wall and on the street-side wall. Good for hanging wet/damp stuff to dry.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Found the pics:
DSCF4773.JPG
DSCF4774.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Thanks for that link to the tabs on VTS! I'm getting ready to order the bottom duct adapter for my new furnace, so I'll add those to my order. Along with parbond, door gaskets, etc.

I'm your pic is that the telescoping rod down about a foot from the ceiling? So you're saying there's other places for it to go as well?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Looking at your pics again it appears there is an aluminum track inside the outer white track with a molding insert. I'll have to check, but I don't believe I have that inner aluminum track. I've got the white track and it's missing the molding insert. Know where to find the aluminum track and molding for the outer track? I assume this is the track....
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Sma ... ts-702.htm
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Yes, there are other brackets. I'll get out to the trailer in the morning and get a couple of picture of just those. One is a chromed ring with a center hole in it, the size of the rod. On the opposite walk is a U-shaped bracket that the other end of the rod can rest in.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

The aluminum track has been removed from mine, so I'll have to purchase another one. I searched on VTS for the molding insert for the white track, but it looks like they may not carry it.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Although I have not figured out which track you need to order, I have a feeling these folks will have it:

http://www.curtain-tracks.com/curtains/rv-curtains
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

From the research I've done, it sounds like the track is called "Type C". Looking at several sites, I have not found aluminum track like what we have in our 34W, but I have found plastic. I'm wondering if Chuck Cayo has or can tell you where to find the aluminum track?

Here are some pics, along with a couple that show the other rod and brackets:
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

KYAvion wrote:Looking at your pics again it appears there is an aluminum track inside the outer white track with a molding insert. I'll have to check, but I don't believe I have that inner aluminum track. I've got the white track and it's missing the molding insert. Know where to find the aluminum track and molding for the outer track? I assume this is the track....
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Sma ... ts-702.htm
I must have missed that link earlier.
That does look like what is needed. To verify, you might call VTS and see if those sew-on tabs fit in there.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W