mor-ryde mounts

Axles and Suspension Systems, Brakes, Brake Controllers, Wheels, Tires
halking3

mor-ryde mounts

Post by halking3 »

I have a 1968 T-28 that needs new rubber Mor-Ryde mounts. Does anyone have a good source for these and approximate cost. Also how hard is it to change the Mor-Ryde mounts ( rubber springs.)?
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: mor-ryde mounts

Post by KYAvion »

My 84 has the MorRyde axles installed on it, and prior to getting the trailer I called MorRyde to ask about replacement parts. I don't recall the exact price of those rubber blocks, but I remember it wasn't bad. I believe a few hundred bucks. The install looks pretty straightforward if your even just slightly mechanically inclined. If you call them and get the price, please post the cost back here for future reference.

http://www.morryde.com/contact-us
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
halking3

Post by halking3 »

I ordered 4 RL mounts for $700 plus $30 shipping from Mor-Ryde. My contact was Brendan Aukerman at phone # (574)293-1581 ext 295.Email is brendan.aukerman@morryde.com
Mine were 50 years old and showed the effects of time and wear, mostly tearing between the steel plate and the vulcanized rubber. Removal of the RL spring was not too difficult, just tedious as all suspension work seems to be. But re-installation has been difficult in that it is hard to get the bolt holes to line up perfectly. I will try to post pictures later when I get finished.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Thanks for the info and sorry to hear the install hasn't been smooth. Are the mounting holes slightly off?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Just realized the RL stands for "rubber leaf" suspension, whereas mine has the IS or "independent suspension." Do they use the same rubber shear spring?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R